I’d like to introduce myself, and give more information about my approach to health and nutrition. You can call me Megan! I am a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified LEAP therapist. Nutrition counseling has always been my favorite role as a dietitian, and I am grateful to be running my own practice, doing what I love. After trying out many dietitian “hats”, I can say my true calling is helping people navigate their health journeys on an individual basis, getting down on that personal level.
Some characteristics of my approach are:
- No-judgment, no-nonsense
- Utilization of SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely)
- Bio-individuality: One must discover a way of eating that works best for themselves. There is no one “right way” to eat. (I will help you with this!)
- Health and nutrition is a science AND an art. It takes trial and error and adjustments throughout life to maintain great health.
- Realism not perfectionism (What is “perfect” anyway?)
- Focus on health, not weight. Promote healthy body image and confidence.
- Combine “Western” evidence-based recommendations with intuition, anecdotal evidence, and holistic & functional medicine principles.
If you think this approach defines what you are looking for, please reach out! I am here to support you on your journey.